The Clergy Support Memorial Church Board was in full agreement to certify the Rev. Al Pirani to the Office of Appointed Designated Minister – Life Celebrations and Pastoral Care on February 25, 2021. Al has a long and distinguished history of community involvement in several capacities, always focussed on helping others, particularly those less fortunate and those who are struggling in today’s society.
- Graduate Certificate, Canadian Ministers Institute – March 2021
- Computer Science Degree, School of Computer Technology and Institute of Electronic Data Processing, UK
- Systems Analysis and Design Diploma, School of Computer Science and Institute of Electronic Data Processing, UK
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, University of Nairobi, Kenya – 1972
Awards and Memberships
- Premier’s Award, 1st Place, Min of Forests Equity & Diversity Team
- Member of the Victoria Legion – Victoria, BC
- Former Director, BoD Pacific Centre Family Services Association – 2015
- Former Director, Chairman, and President of Kenya Special Olympics – 1981-1985
Rev. Al is a self-motivated life-long learner who seeks out opportunities to develop his own interests, specifically in language courses and creative activities in the arts and decorating. He enjoys reading and finds insight in the many different literary genres he encounters, which he internalizes and nurtures.
Creation and the mystery of life in the universe are what move Al to believe in a Creating, Saving, and Persevering God who manifests itself in a variety of ways. Al is very comfortable in churches, temples or mosques, and he finds that they all share the basic tenets of faith, which translate in his belief the we are to treat others the same way we wish to be treated.
In his Own Words
“The past year was an unprecedented and unpredictable year, but it was an eye-opening one nonetheless. The year taught us all to count our blessings and to help others in any way we can. That we cannot take anything for granted anymore.”